The 25 most beautiful places in the world
The 25 most beautiful places in the world are scattered all over the planet. Royal Holiday has presence in many of these wonderful destinations, and with your membership you can travel to them on your next vacation.
- Angkor Wat, in Cambodia is a miniature replica of the universe in stone representing an earthly model of the cosmic world. Built in the 12th century, a symbol of mightiness, this architectonic masterpiece is named by UNESCO a World Heritage Centre.
- Machu Picchu in Perú, is tangible evidence of the urban Inca Empire at the peak of its power, a citadel like non other and one of the 7 wonders of the world. It’s located about 7,970 feet above sea level.
- Taj Mahal in India is an exemplary architectonic wonder of Mongol culture. Shah Jahan built the Taj for his third wife, Mumtaz Mahal, who died giving birth to their 14th child in 1631.
- Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi rises majestically from beautifully manicured gardens, with 80 marble domes dancing on a roofline held by over 1000 pillars. It’s a masterpiece of modern Islamic architecture and design.
- La Sagrada Familia in Barcelona is the most visited monument in Spain, attracting around 2.8 million visitors a year. Pope Benedict 16th consecrated the church in a huge ceremony in November 2010. Royal Holiday Destination.
- St Peter’s Basilica Dome, in Vatican City is visited by thousands of Catholic pilgrims from all over the world. Head up to the top of Michelangelo’s majestic cupola to take in sweeping views of the city.
- Milan’s Cathedral in Italy, known as the Duomo di Milano,is a gothic cathedral that took nearly six centuries to complete; it’s the seat of the Archbishop of Milan, currently Cardinal Angelo Scola.
- Alcatraz Island in San Francisco, the infamous federal penitentiary where Al Capon spent time, is rich in history; there is also a natural side to the Rock: gardens, tide pools, bird colonies and bay views beyond compare. Royal Holiday Destination.
- Christ the Redeemer in Río de Janeiro gazes out over Rio; at night the brightly lit, 38m-high statue is visible from nearly every part of the city – all 1145 tons of the open-armed redeemer. Royal Holiday Destination.
- Golden Gate Bridge, this 1.7-mile suspension span between San Francisco and Marin counties has become one of the most beloved bridges in the world. A work of art, an engineering marvel, and an American icon. Royal Holiday Destination.
- Eiffel Tower in Paris, the most-visited paid monument in the world has new summer terrace on the 1st floor, shops, restaurants, breathtaking panoramic views of the city and a champagne bar on the top floor to enjoy a unique festive experience.
- Church on the Spilled Blood in St. Petersburg, this lavish, five-domed church with a classic Russian Orthodox inside out hold around 7000 sq. m of stunning mosaics. Officially called the Church of the Resurrection of Christ, it took 24 years to build.
- Cathedral Notre Dame is considered the heart of Paris, a masterpiece of French-Gothic architecture; there’s a vast square across where crowds gather to admire the cathedral’s facade, pose for ‘selfies’ and hang out. Royal Holiday Destination.
- Alhambra in Granada is one of the most exquisite Islamic palaces in the world; its Moorish architecture with column arcades, fountains and reflecting pools are one of a kind.
- Haya Sofya in Istanbul is one of Turkey’s most important wonders; legend has that if you stick your thumb into a small hole in a copper facing of the ‘weeping column’ and your thumb emerges moist, you’ll be cured of all your ailments.
, strolling across is a famous activity by thousands of tourists who can’t wait to cross this main pedestrian route connecting the Old Town and the Lesser Town. Enjoy the grand vistas up and down the river. Royal Holiday Destination.
- The Great Wall of China, stretches from Xinjiang in the far west to the border with North Korea in the east of China. Aside from its obvious awe-inspiring, aesthetic qualities, the wall is 21,000 km long.
- Lincoln Memorial in Washington DC, anchoring the Mall’s west is the shrine to Abraham Lincoln, who reflexes peacefully across beneath a neoclassical Doric-columned abode. To the left you can read the words of the Gettysburg Address; on the steps, Martin Luther King Jr. delivered his famed ‘I Have a Dream’ speech.
- Burj Khalifa in Dubai, is the highest building in the world, 828 tall, and one of the most beautiful architectural sites in the Arab Emirates.
- 9/11 Memorial in New York, honors the lives of those who were lost; occupying eight of the 16 acres at the World Trade Center, the Memorial is a tribute to the past and a place of hope for the future. Royal Holiday Destination.
- Wat Pho in Bangkok is a Buddhist temple also known as the Temple of the Reclining Buddha; the gold plated brass Buddha is 46 meters long and 15 meters tall.
- Chichen Itza, in the Yucatan peninsula in Mexico, is the most relevant archaeological site of the Mayan culture, named as one of the 7 wonders of the world. A Royal Holiday Destination.
- Sydney Opera House in Australia is a multi-venue performing arts Centre situated on Bennelong Point in the Sydney Harbor, hosting over 1,500 performances each year attended by some 1.2 million people.
- Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur were built by American architect Cesar Pelli who chose a distinctive postmodern style to create a 21st’-century icon for Kuala Lumpur.
- The Panama Canal, is one the world’s most important engineering creations, 78 km long, links the Caribbean with the Pacific ocean, since 1914. This canal would change forever business trade in the world. about 7,970 feet above sea levelof the 7 wonders of the world.s powerpostmodern style to create a 21st’e Memorial is a tribute about 7,970 feet above sea levelof the 7 wonders of the world.s powerpostmodern style to create a 21st’e Memorial is a tribute about 7,970 feet above sea levelof the 7 wonders of the world.s powerpostmodern style to create a 21st’e Memorial is a tribute